Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Jan - Mar Investment & Personal Update

Jan - Finally Fixmarket got strike off

2009 is up a paltry 9% compared to the 40-50% gains by most markets.
The main culprit was my biggest holding 40% Celestial which went down 50% (-20% in my portfolio) which unfortunately had to sell at a substantial loss. Celestial did not have $$ to pay off its bond and defaulted. Cashflow & profit grind to a halt and its survival is in the balance.

Divested most of my SMRT (1.87 and 2.16) and CDL (1.78) and move into tech (already make some movement upwards) (Hiap Seng & Broadway, Best World)

For work wise, my business orgnanisation got a new head and everything got restructed, which means I had to work several weekends (burn CNY) for new reports / meetings etc, same as last year. sigh This continued till March

Personally, my 2nd kid Hsien Yi really a handful, making us having little sleep ( wakes every 3 hours) at night.

No comments: