Friday, May 16, 2008

May review part 2 / Living with the Enemy

It is around 2 months since the rebound of the low in march.

Mistake 1
- went in puts too early. Oil has been inching up last 4-5 days. (coincidentally DOW also went up).
I was expecting oil to drop bringing in another rally from DOW. Unfortunately Oil went up again and Dow went down. I went to short it, thus shorting not at a high. Should have waited as Oil is up another day 6 days, chances are oil will go down, brining another up day.
....emotions running high
Mistake 2
- tikam to sell off celestial at 80.5 cents (75.5 previous day). Another mistake I repeated 2 years ago. Should never have sold off my best investment. PE around 5 and business up 40-50% this year. Worse still, that day I was in meeting whole day and the proxy hang up during that time. before placing an order, check how busy u r the next day.
Mistake 3
- bought back Celestial at a high of 88 cents. emotions again.... but should be okay long run.
Mistake 4
- I should have realise Celestial will be my big winner. I should have switch other stocks to this. too slow to recognise this.

What I did right.
Bought big (all available cash) when I realise Celestial made a superb business performance. At that time nearly 40% cash (10 % FD).
Entered in when fear was greatest. Did not let go of most shares/or started shorting until 2 months.

Strategy Next
- living with the enemy. I have not still an open position on SIM SCI and City Developments. Lets see how this plays out.

No comments: