Thursday, August 14, 2008

Neck pain

Haven't been feeling too good lately..... after sleeping on my kid's stuff toy, my neck which was unsupported became rather painful.
After that I went for a Kenko massage, and cutting my hair in Malaysia, I also had a short massage. This time, the pain got worse.....
I also continued to carry my baby kid, and the camel back broke when I carried my kid quite a far distance from the carpark to a restaurant in Alawad/Arab Street.

I went to my clinic downstairs ( on a saturday morning) and the Dr. prescribed some medicine. During the medication, the pain was numbed.... when the medicine effect wore off, the pain came back.

(This was 4 days later Thursday evening) I then visited Eu Yan Sang clinic for a Chinese therapy hoping it will help... this made matters worse.... I underwent acupunture around the lower back and head...and under some electric stimulating under some warm lamp...this did not help....the Physician then tried to turn my head a few times....this really made my head worse.....
Nevermind....She gave me some medicine to take...(in powder form)....since I tried it ( and it cost S$90+ including the acupunture)..... lets see the whether there is any help

4-5 days later by Monday, the pain was quite bad... (from a sitting/lying position to a standing/siting position, there is acute pain at the right neck all the way to my head)... I went to my corporate clinic for a referral. The doctor seems quite sceptical (maybe it is the same with all corporate doctors)... and gave me some medicine..... as what happened previously once the medicine was taken, the pain was numbed...once the medicine wore off, the pain came back.....that was around Thursday.
I wanted to see the doctor again on Friday, but the stupid policy means no doctor in the afternoon......

I went back the following Monday, and the refer me to the orthopedic for referral... and they gave me a date 1 week later on Tuesday.
This time, I think I will visit the private doctor which my Mother-in-law is visiting this Saturday...
Suffering for 4 weeks is no joke....I just want to get well soon...have been missing a lot of fun with my boy lately, and my poor wife has to take care of him and carry the heavy stuff....

My lesson now is once you have a slight neck pain,
- never go for a massage
- never carry heavy things more than 2 kg... no laptop...no carrying of kid
- never walk more than 100 metres if possible
(today I was actually feeling better in the morning, but the afternoon there was a stupid all hands meeting which I had to walk all the way to 168, and sit in a very uncomfortable position for 1 and a half hours repeating what has already been known)

No comments: