Monday, November 3, 2008

Oct W4 Transactions













Portfolio YTD down 1% with the Celestial now up reaching 45.5 cents. PE now 3.4 still cheap cheap :). Celestial just released a report on 31 Oct that they will release results at 14 November. With this, I believe their results should not come too bad. (no profit warning). I hope for a pleasant surprise as some upside might be seen with a better results after the earthquake in Sichuan on 12 May. I suspect it will be around +-10%.

I closed my S&P shorts at 936.25, (from 945... yes I went in again...and yes I let a potential 100K off when it was down 10% to around 830...., the ASIAN market distracted me, I thought with ASIAN markets plunging, US market has to do the same, and I was waiting for the big captitulation which did not happen) the day after the big surge.
I was deliberating whether to close my shorts after previous day 10% surge (yucks). After a few hours, the US market was deliberating between negative and positive, so I believe the sellers who want to sell have already sold. With this, I close my shorts as it has been a terrible October for stocks, and VIX had been reaching precendedly high of 80+. DOW had not had a positive through day till the last 2 days of October. I was actually deliberating whether to close my shorts the day before as it had been going down about 5 days in a row. Last Friday, S&P ftures hit a down of 855, however it closed 2+ percent down. STI closed on Friday down 6-7%.

1 Lesson learnt here is in the global crisis, emerging market will be hit more even though the orginator is in the US.

In October, the Dow Jones industrial average fell 14.1 percent and the broader Standard & Poor's 500 index lost 16.9 percent as the panic over a now-easing freeze in credit markets shifted to fears of an acute recession.

No comments: