Thursday, February 6, 2014

2013 Investment Update

2013 - I felt I simply could not take it any longer...and after my SIL had an operation successful in July, I submitted my resignation letter for InnoXX ... it was completely unbeneficial for me to stay on where I am wasting my life contributing to something where even my BIL doesn't even care.... 3 years was simply enough ! I was staying on as I felt duty bound as I sold it to my BIL and due to the market slide since 2011 and inactivity from my BIL side , the company did not do well.

I gave him 6 months for a transfer.

I also got a relief when my company finally got someone in to take the other Biz div job.

Investment wise... as BEN (2012 Nov/Dec) committed to easy money and low yield, I was looking at penny stocks and sold off MNST(51.5), NUAN (21) and shifted to Cordlife at 0.55, FE at 0.6, MTQ (1.2) , and some seemingly undervalue like NamLee (0.37) , Vicplas (0.7) and Lantrovision (0.3), Zagro... US Stocks WDC (43)  and KLIC and NVDA.

Why I sold MNST (54) becos the PE was still quite high and NUAN (22) its profit its based on writebacks ... when I did my purchase I was aiming it to revolutionise the smartphone industry but overlook its PL statements...I was really not doing much study.

I sold off Cordlife at 0.78 as it reported lower profits...and I suspect the year it IPO was a dragon year which was a boom year for child-giving...unfortunately due to institutional buying it continued up to 1.2 in a matter of 1-2 months.

I also sold of WDC (48) as I felt hard disk stocks was still feeling the effect of a slowdown in PC market...it also boomed to 80 by the end of the year....really suah... NVDA and KLIC also as I did not do much study..

Later on...I sold NDA at a good profit at 32 in May as I wanted to shift some money back to Singapore stocks which have not moved as much.

I bought GE (18.2), DBS (16.3)  and later on bought WYMAC (28) and GW (8)... I also disposed of NL (lousy biz), VP (lost major cust) and Lantro + DBS (due to the bond yield increasing & market correction)

Due to good performance in the first half CordLife , NDA, MTQ and later on WYMAC, I ended 2013 with a nice upside of 30%,.... what a difference more time allocated to research makes ! and of cos some luck.

No comments: