Saturday, September 20, 2008

Portfolio Sep 08

with the massive roller coaster....I manage to clear out my shorts....maybe left the last big chunk of meat but too bad. The big movement out also went in too little....should just have wacked ....VIX was around 36, and 2-3 major bad news + already down 3-4 months......

What to look out for next ....3-4 months down + VIX above 33 + 2-3 major events already rally but failed....and blood on the street..... last 5 day downs 8%....

Portfolio down 5 %.
Longs 57 % + 5 % just added, cash 43 %. No shorts.

Short Term Plan
i) clear my short term investments
ii) start shorting
iii) clear my longs

With what the FED has done, it has prolong the downturn....so I see another 2 more years (total 3) of downturn till 2010...... Strategy....cover shorts in 2010...boost equity in 2010 100%..... and leverage if neccessary....and next year buy commodities.

No comments: