Friday, April 27, 2007

Year 2005

2005 was a good year for me, my portfolio went up 68 %.
Suffering a bad results in 2004, I started cautiously, accumulating Straits Trading (2.11), SPC (4.04), Lee Kim Tah (0.3) and Beauty China (0.65).

Beauty China went up more than 40% in just 2 weeks by a brokerage by ML. So I sold off around 94 cents in January. A good start for the year.

I acquired some Zhongguo Powerplus, Hongguo, but later sold them off to accumulate my biggest stock winner, Celestial Nutrifood. It was sold at a riduculous PE 3-4 and was going to be a big giant in China in that industry. Slowly CN became my biggest portfolio >80 % , with average price of 38 cents. It went up more than 60% in 2005.
It was not only till another fund manager Templeton bought a stake into it then this company zoomed up.

My next big winner was Eu Yan Seng. I liked this company as with old age and better understanding of Modern China Medicine, I thnk the company can slowly scale up. It went up more than 90%.

No comments: