Friday, April 27, 2007

Year 2006

This was an excellent year for me. My portolio went up more than 160 %. Courtesy of Celestial which went up more than 180%.

It was a hectic year for me as I got married in January and my wife gave birth in October.

At 1 point, CN reached $2. I was in Germany on a business trip at that moment and did not take any action. I guess I made a cardinal mistake on falling in love with my stock. It droped in May to 1.04 and luckily I did not sell at the bottom. It rebounded and after I know it is not making much progress in their expansion, I sold most off at 1.55.

I also sold of my Eu Yan Seng as its PE was quite high around 15-20 and profits growth was only 10% or so.

In the beginning of the year, I bought Pan United Marine (0.6) and Asia Water (0.4). I later sold off Asia Water at close to 80 cents. (>90 %)

Later, I bought Food Empire as it was turning around (0.45), Memtech (3G) , Longcheer (3G).

My only regret this year was that I could easily made more if I did not fall in love with CN as a stock and should have sold off when there was a lot of profits and there was a change (Templeton sold was the triggering point)

No comments: