Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Portfolio Sep07

After the recent volatility and rebound, returns YTD is 36%. Although the STI in general rebounded, I had about 30% in equities, and did not enjoy the rebound.

The Fed cut the discount rate to the FI by 25 basis points on Friday (after 2-3 weeks of downturn) , causing Wall Street to boom almost 2%. I had wanted to go in the next week Monday, but the Fed disrupted all my plans.

Anyhow, I trim back on my portfolio even further to 15%.

I sold off SMRT, Darco, most of Techcomp. I sold of part of ASL Marine, CSC and Hiap Seng which I bought on Monday (The day STI rebounded after the Fed cut).

Not a good price, but right now I think it is time to be conservative.

This is my current portfolio

ASL Marine 4%
Metro 4%
QAF 4%
QAF Warrant
TechComp 1 %
Gen Mag 1 %
Cash 85%.

No comments: